Bummed I wasn’t able to make it to the 99% conference after all. From being both overcome by jet lag and having a lot of work to do, I wasn’t able to go. I have been following the live blogging though from the event, and I liked what Cheryl Dorsey had to say.
Below she summarizes what she has found to be the six traits that separate the achievers from the wannabes in making things happen.
- Core identity formation and alignment. “These folks,” she said, “have reached a level of authenticity in life. They have found purpose and passion. They know what they’re on earth to do. They’re in the Social Change ‘zone.’ They have head/heart alignment.”
- Focused and ability to execute with alacrity. “It’s not enough to have an idea. You must be able to prove your model is having an impact and build on it.”
- Solutions oriented.
- Asset based thinking. “Most of us deficit based thinkers,” Dorsey said. “But instead of seeing the world as filled with problems, they see opportunities. They see the glass as half full, and execute against all odds.”
- Resource magnet. They’re able to draw money, garner human capital, and attract media attention.
- Deep and unshakable commitment to a cause.